terça-feira, 4 de junho de 2013

CHOCOLATE GREEN DREAM SMOOTHIE



 

I have loved ice cream since I was a girl, yet obviously Ben and Jerry’s isn’t one of the desserts to eat for breakfast I’m talking about here. I created a delicious chocolate green smoothie five years ago that I eat almost every single day with some variation. I love chocolate to my heart’s end, so it is no surprise that eating chocolate for breakfast is one of my favorite ways to start the day. Here’s a chocolate smoothie recipe to get your brain and body primed for a great day. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
2 cups cold water (filtered tastes best)- you can also use 1 cup almond milk and 1 cup water if you want.
2 tbsp. cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
1 scoop of your favorite protein powder- I use Sunwarrior Raw Warrior Blend in Vanilla or Vega One French Vanilla
1 tbsp. chia seeds
1 tbsp. flax seeds
Small handful of raspberries or blueberries (about 1/4 cup)
2 packed cups of spinach or kale greens
Stevia to taste (I used 1/8 tsp of NuNaturals Stevia)
1 tsp. peppermint extract (optional but I love the chocolate and mint together)
Dash of vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
5 ice cubes if you want it thick (2 if you want it thinner)

Directions:
Add all the ingredients in order to a blender or the NutriBullet and blend on high until completely liquefied but still thick like a shake.

Freeze for 10-20 minutes to get it nice and cold and eat it with a spoon for an ice cream like treat!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário